Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an additional protection measure to your password that allows you to protect your account from usurpation or credential theft. It is highly recommended to enable 2FA on all accounts you use at work that have this option enabled (e.g. Github, Heroku, Google, etc).
To activate your 2FA in your Get on Board account, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Edit your account
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and select the 'edit your account' option.
- You will see the form with your details (name, email, etc.). Click on the 'enable two-factor authentication' button.
Step 2: Scan the code
- To set up 2FA, you will need to scan the QR code with some authentication software (e.g. Google Authenticator, Authy, or 1Password). If you cannot scan the QR code, you can copy the code manually and paste it into the application.
- The authentication software will give you a code, which you must type in point #2. Please note that the codes provided by the application have an expiration time of 10-30 seconds.
- Enter your Get on Board account password and click on 'Enable 2-factor authentication'.
Step 3: save your backup codes
Once 2FA is active, it will only display your backup codes ONCE. You can copy them and save them in a safe place, eg. on Google Docs, in a notepad file, etc.
⚠️ It is important that you keep these codes in a safe place because, in case you lose access to your authentication app, these codes will be the ones that will let you log in to your account.